During this time of Distance Learning students will use Study Island. You can access Study Island HERE.
In response to multiple school closures as a result of the COVID-19 virus, the Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development is issuing the following guidance for 2020 high school seniors’ A+ Scholarship eligibility. This guidance is temporary and only applies to 2020 seniors. All other high school students will be required to meet the A+ Scholarship requirements outlined in Section 160.545, RSMo and the A+ administrative rule, 6 CSR 10-2.190.
- Grade Point Average. To be eligible for the A+ Scholarship, students must graduate from high school with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. Since school closures may negatively impact seniors’ spring 2020 GPA and thus the cumulative GPA at graduation, 2020 seniors who have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average at the end of either the fall 2019 or spring 2020 semesters will be eligible.
- 50 Hours of Unpaid Tutoring/Mentoring. The A+ Scholarship requires students to complete 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring. For the 2020 seniors, the number of tutoring/mentoring hours has been reduced temporarily to 25 to accommodate those students who are unable to complete 50 hours prior to high school graduation. The high school’s A+ policy should outline acceptable methods of meeting this requirement. Schools may add temporary exceptions to their policies, or permanently amend their policies, to allow for a broader range of ways for students to complete their tutoring/mentoring hours. In addition, high schools may utilize the six month exceptional circumstances provision outlined in the administrative rule for 2020 seniors who are unable to complete 25 hours prior to graduation.
- Algebra I EOC. DHEWD is working with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to develop guidance about how this provision might be affected and will provide that guidance as soon as it is available.
There are no deviations from standard policy for the following eligibility criteria:
- 95% Attendance. Students must have 95% attendance overall for grades 9-12 as calculated per the high school’s A+ policy. The attendance percentage is based on the total coursework in which the student was and is enrolled in at the high school, regardless of the delivery method. High schools have always had, and continue to have, the ability to take student health issues into account when calculating attendance for A+ Scholarship purposes through an appeal process. In this unprecedented situation, schools may develop a written blanket policy for calculating attendance for the spring 2020 semester rather than requiring individual student appeals. Any blanket policy must be applied consistently to all A+ students.
- Attend an A+-designated high school for two years. Students must attend an A+ high school for at least two years. As a reminder, students must be enrolled in at least 80% of the instructional days included in the two year period to meet this requirement. This requirement is separate from the 95% attendance requirement, which must also be met.
If you have any question please contact Amy Axtell via email at email@example.com.
5th Grade Elementary Teacher
Grundy R-V Elementary School is accepting applications for a 5th Grade Teacher beginning with
the 2020-2021 school year. Candidates must have or be able to obtain Missouri certification for
Elementary Education. Applications for this position may be obtained on our website,
www.grundyr5.k12.mo.us under “Employment Information” Inquiries may be directed to
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Elementary School at (660) 673-6312.